
Today was the last day at VBS. The boys have liked VBS so much that they want to come back to Chile every year at this time so they can go to VBS. They said today was the funnest day yet. In the picture to the right, the boys grabbed a hold of the rope and swung over fire (e.g., tea candles lit and placed in egg cartons below). I took the day off and helped today, which was a lot of fun. Don't worry, I wasn't in charge of cooking the food! I set the table, made the napkins, washed dishes and other activities that did not involve stoves or ovens.

One of the things that was really neat for me today was to get to talk to a missionary about what it's been like for her and her family to serve here in Chile. Wow, I learned so much from her! The commitment and endurance of missionaries is nothing short of amazing. I also got to talk to Dylan's team leader, who is 15 years old and is a missionary here with her family. She had such poise for being so young, and I asked her some questions about what it's like for kids to be missionaries. I learned a lot from her too!

We've been really blessed with the weather since we've been here. It's really only rained 2-3 days, and this is Chile's rainy season. We look at the 10 day forecast each morning, and there is a slight chance for showers only one more day between now and when we come home.
This is Noah and I have a question for you: how is the rain in Golden? I've heard it's been really rainy.
Now that we're getting close to our last day in Chile we've started thinking about our favorite things. Here are our top three favorite things so far:
1) Hogar and Casa Esperanza
2) VBS
3) Food (like fresh bread every day, bakeries and empanadas)
4) Cheering for Chile's national soccer team, including walking down the street with our jerseys, hats and horns (and having people honk their horns at us for being excited about their team)
5) People that are very kind and giving, even when they don't have that much to give
Thanks for your prayers. Please pray that our hearts begin preparing to leave Chile, and help our minds be open to continue learning new things between now and then. Thanks for also continuing to pray for the kids not to be worried about an earthquake (especially Griff).
Have a great weekend! Blessings to you all!
Rain has subsided, heat has arrived, it is in the high 0or mid 90s every day, we did get about 5 inches of rain so our yard looks good. Flowers are doing better ,
ReplyDeleteNice of Jim and Irene to come after you.
Sounds like you are having a god time down there! Saw the snow in some areas, think I would like the bread and pastries every day.
Will be anxious to hear all about your time there! The blogs have been great,
Love you all