Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mucho Agua (Lots of Water)


Hi, this is Griff and I'm writing the blog today with my mom.  Today we got up as usual.  We wanted to show you a picture of how we all sleep in such a small apartment.  Wil and Noah sleep in one of the bedrooms, but there is no room on the floor so I sleep out in the family room on the futon.  Dylan sleeps in his Pack n Play, in the kitchen!  As you know, our kitchen is small - but it works great as a place for Dylan to sleep.  He doesn't look happy in this picture, but he was just grumpy we were taking a picture of him after just waking up (my mom said she would be grumpy about that too). 

 Today my mom did a local briefing for banks in Chile about mobile banking and emerging technologies.  My dad, my brothers and I had our first day at winter VBS.  The kids in school here are on a two week winter break, so the church in our neighborhood is doing VBS today, Thursday and Friday.

This is Wil, Griff had to go read with Dad now so I'm going to write some of the blog.  My dad was a helper at VBS.  He made flags to decorate our lunch area.  He also made posters.  We had spaghetti for lunch, and he helped make that too.  I liked having Dad at VBS because he made me feel comfortable.  It was a little scary to go to VBS at first because it is in Spanish and also because I don't really have friends there yet.  But one of my teachers helped me.  He told me what the group leader was telling us to do.  That I way I knew what was going on.

This is Noah, Griff had to go read with Dad now so I'm going to write a little bit here.  We left for VBS at about 9:30 a.m.  When we first got there we played a little bit with a ball.  I think about 30 kids were there.  Then the boss of VBS said it was time to do worship.  We sang a few songs, and they were really fun but I have no idea what we were singing since it was in Spanish.

When worship time was over we went into small groups, about five groups total divided up by age.  I was in a group by myself and so was Dylan, but Griff and Wil were together.  My team leader spoke English, and he would explain what was going on so that I knew what to do.  We had six stations.  Some examples of the stations are art, lunch, science and PE.  My favorite station was PE.  We played some soccer and that was really fun.  Lunch was fun too.  Here is a picture of us eating lunch (at tables) in our teams.

This is Griff again.  My teacher was so nice.  He speaks a little bit of English, and in art class he said, "Don't worry, I'll translate for you so you know what to do."  My favorite station was a "Zorro" station.  It was a mystery where there were clues that you used to figure out the mystery.  We also played hockey (see picture below) and that was really fun.

This is Wil again.  My favorite station was art.  We painted and made cool pictures for a folder.  My dad thinks we will be using the folder to put the rest of our art in when we go to VBS on Thursday and Friday.

The reason we called this blog "Mucho Agua" is that Mom's friends at work did something really nice for us today.  After Mom was done with her speaking engagement this morning, they took her to a big grocery store.  It was like Wal-Mart except it was a store here in Chile.  My mom bought lots of big jugs of water.  I think each jug has about as much water as we drink in the day (1.5-2 gallons).  We have enough jugs of water to last us until we come home now.  This will help us a lot when we go to the grocery store.  The water jugs are very heavy to carry, and now we can just carry home the food we need instead of all the water too.

Thanks for praying that the heat would turn back on in the apartment.  It is working again!  One of our prayer requests is that Maisy, our fish and Griff's fly eating plant would be ok.  Our neighbors are taking care of them, which is so nice.  But we hope all those things are ok.

Please also keep praying for the boys (especially Griff), that they would not be worried about an earthquake.  The earthquake last week was concerning to them.  They are trying to be brave and know that God will take care of them, but I (Kristin) can tell that they are concerned.

Sounds like it's really hot in the US.  Stay cool and hope you're enjoying the summer!  Thanks for reading our blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment