When we first looked at the weather forecast for this week, it looked like today was going to be a rainy day. I was then wondering if it would be worth going to Hogar since there isn't anywhere inside we can go. Well, God blessed us with another beautiful day, although it was a bit cooler (the last couple of days, we didn't really even need jackets).


I guess the girls are getting used to seeing us. We had another slow start to the morning. The Hogar assistant director even came out to try to get some of the girls to come out. So we were able to play with one or two girls here and there. The boys still managed to have fun since they really like hanging out with the puppies. Towards the end, I was thinking about leaving a little early. But then Griff wanted to play on the playground. He was asking me to spin him on one of the pieces of equipment. That brought Noah and Wil over. Then some of the girls spied us from their rooms and decided this looked like fun. They jumped on as well and wanted me to spin them as fast as I could (or "full" as they would call it). It got to be a too much for our boys pretty quickly, but these girls were used to it. Once it slowed down, they would encourage me to get it going fast again. They just couldn't get enough of it. I was glad to see them having so much fun.


Once they did tire of it, I told them it was time for us to go (it was approaching their lunch time). One of the girls still didn't want us to leave. She loves trying to juggle the soccer ball and liked to have me count for her. She was very determined and was very excited to be able to juggle 4 times.
We always seem to have interesting interactions with people on the buses and metro. Today, on the way back on the bus, I sat Dylan down in one of the seats (he likes to fall asleep on the way back). Well, one of the riders didn't like where I put him. So he got up and placed Dylan in his seat next to his mom. The rest of the ride, the mom and another older female rider just doted over him. One was getting in his face and trying to get him to smile. Dylan just put on his grumpy, I'm not interested, look. But they wouldn't give up. The one felt his hands and thought they were too cold (so I was scolded). It is just amazing how much attention and love Dylan gets because people know that he was adopted.
Kristin is safe back in Chile and is currently riding back from the airport. We are excited to see her soon! Thank you for your prayers. We are going to start our kids church with the girls at Hogar tomorrow. Please pray that it is meaningful to the girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment