I really liked VBS yesterday, but I liked it even more today. My two favorite stations were really fun. One station I really liked was where you go in this dark room and there are these letters hanging from the ceilings. You have to find one and bring it out of the room to another person. It's kind of like a word puzzle with underscores that you put the letters on. If the letter is wrong, the leader writes it at the side. But if the letter is right it is written on one of the lines. What it spelled was "Go to a big tree," or something like that. When we went to the big tree there were these three balloons, and we had to throw darts at them to pop them. In each balloon was a word on a piece of paper. The words spelled something like "go to the climbing wall." We found another clue but they thought it was a false clue. Then we went back to the tree and there was a question box. Inside the box we found a flash light and other stuff. Then we went back to the dark room and I held the flash light as we looked for more clues. I found it with it the flash light - it was Bible verse (John 8:12). The other station I really liked was the cook station. Today we made cake. We played a little game before we ate the cake. My dad tried and he really liked it, and we brought a small taste home for my mom who also liked it.
This is Noah. My favorite station today was PE. In PE we played soccer and hockey (without ice skates). It was a lot of fun. We played another game where we were crawling under chairs, and that was fun too.
This is Wil. My favorite part about VBS today was also the dark room where you find letters and then try to figure out what the code says. I especially like this VBS because we get to be there for a long time (6 hours). It's also a lot of fun because we get to have lunch there. Tomorrow my dad said we get to have hot dogs for lunch, so that will be the best.
This is Kristin. I continue to be amazed at the boys and their courage and resilience. It's intimidating going to a new place where you don't know people. On top of that, it's hard when we don't speak Spanish and that's the only language most people speak. Noah, Griff, Wil and Dylan have had such great attitudes, and are having so much fun. They said that their number one favorite thing we've done in Chile is to go to Hogar and play with the girls and do kids' church. But their number two favorite thing has been going to VBS.
Today I figured out that when Griff hears the sound of a bus driving by our apartment he thought that was the start of an earthquake. The poor guy! A bus drives by every 10-15 min.! I think he is getting less concerned about earthquakes, and is really trying to win the battle in his mind.
This is Wil again. When we got back from VBS we received a care package. It was from Grandma and Grandpa and they sent us peanut butter, Cheese Its and other treats. One funny thing is that they put some carrots in the care package for Griff since they thought maybe he was missing those here in Chile (Griff doesn't like carrots at all but Dad makes him eat two at lunch and two at dinner every day at home).
Hope you're staying cool! Thanks for reading our blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment